the business of being creative online class
For the last few years, I've had a requests to offer a class on running a creative business and to be honest I've been a little resistant. I really wasn't sure if there was any information I could offer that is different from everything else out there. But after my Art of Blogging online class went live I received lots more requests, then I had a lot of conversations with fellow creatives which inspired a lot of brainstorming and I decided go ahead and offer my unique perspective and approach on growing and running a creative business.
I can't remember a time in my life without art and around age 7, it was pretty clear that when I grew up I wanted to be an artist and my parents supported this endeavor my entire life. By the time high school hit, I had already been selling and showing my work. I went on to college to study painting and printmaking, grew my creative resume, continued showing my work and bounced from creative jobs and projects. Insert 15 more years of juggling a day job with making, selling art and teaching workshops and here I am today successfully working for myself as an artist. I've had tons of experiences, lots of ups and downs and learned some amazing lessons. While I am not an expert, I am a determined gal who has spent over 20 years chasing after the dream of being a self employed artist and I have a lot knowledge to share.
ABOUT THE CLASS
In my opinion, there is no magic formula for growing a creative business, in fact there is all kinds of free information that you can access online. I am not going promise you the secret to success in this class. Instead I want to share with you what has worked for me. It has been a long (sometimes painful) 20 year journey with just as much failure as success. I've tried just about everything in the creative world- from working and showing at galleries to framing art to teaching at retreats to selling at craft shows to freelance to design and more. I was always searching for a big break and it never came but through it all I was loyal to my love and passion for art. Slowly my creative business grew into something that today supports our family.
In this class I will share all kinds of information- everything from defining who you are, insight on creative professions, branding, marketing, blogging, managing finances, how to deal with failure and rejection, how to grow and handle growth and so much more! I am not an expert or a life coach, I am simply an artist whose had a lot of experience finding her way and I am excited to share my story, my knowledge, my success and failure with all of you!
Once you register and pay, within 24 hours you will receive an email confirmation with class information.
- class costs $50
- Class will be held on a private blog that only registered students are able to access.
- All information for the class is all posted at once and ready for access and work at your own pace.
- YOU WILL HAVE UNLIMITED ACCESS once you register
- Basic computer skills are needed (be able to login, access a blog, etc)
- There will be : LOTS of photos step by step visuals, video lessons of yours truly teaching and teaching in my studio.
- Class Flickr photo pool, opportunities to connect in class forum.
- A high speed connection if definitely recommended (because of the above!)
- Supplies needed are very simple, inexpensive art/craft items- (I strongly believe creating art should not cost a lot of money!!)
- Feel free to register at anytime.
- No refund unless there are special circumstances.