I spend A LOT of time sketching but I probably spend just as much time working in an art journal. For me there is really a fine line between an art journal and a sketchbook. For my sketching process I limit my supplies- But when I work in my art journal, I explore all kinds of mixed media techniques like painting, collage, sewing (with paper), stamping, doodling, drawing and printmaking. My art journal is a small and accessible place for me to practice, explore and brainstorm all kinds of techniques.
In this class I will be sharing some of my favorite simple art journal techniques that anyone, any age or any level will be able to create. From using everyday things to incorporating photography to doodling to painting pages to printmaking to stamping and more, I have gathered up my favorite ways to fill an art journal.
This class is a "mini class" it is structured into 3 large lessons.
Once you register and pay, within 24 hours you will receive an email confirmation with class information.
- class costs $30
- Class will be held on a private blog that only registered students are able to access.
- All information for the class is all posted at once and ready for access and work at your own pace.
- YOU WILL HAVE UNLIMITED ACCESS once you register
- Basic computer skills are needed (be able to login, access a blog, etc)
- There will be : LOTS of photos step by step visuals, video lessons of yours truly teaching and teaching in my studio.
- Class Flickr photo pool, opportunities to connect in class forum.
- A high speed connection if definitely recommended (because of the above!)
- Supplies needed are very simple, inexpensive art/craft items- (I strongly believe creating art should not cost a lot of money!!)
- Feel free to register at anytime.
- No refund unless there are special circumstances.