My home here on the Oregon Coast is a place where the forest meets the sea. We have the best of both worlds- beautiful beaches that are surrounded by lush green forests and woodlands. And while I share a lot of ocean inspired art and content, the forest with all of its beauty is a big a part of my life and inspiration.
In this 30 day class, I will be taking you along with me to my favorite wooded locations here on the Oregon Coast. We will be using all of the magic and whimsy from the woodlands for our inspiration- from treasures, animals and creatures, color, pattern, texture, landscapes and even our imagination, I will be sharing videos, photos and downloads for you to use as we work through 30 days of mixed media prompts, techniques and concepts. My hope is to bring you along with me into the forest and share all the inspiration that it has to offer.
In this class we will be using drawing, painting and a variety of mixed media techniques, concepts and supplies to explore the subject matter of the forest. I will be sharing 30 creative techniques, prompts and exercises to get you playing around with inspiration.
Woodland Whimsy is a class structured into 30 inspiring posts. The concept is that you have one simple idea, prompt or technique to work through each day for 30 days.
Once you register and pay, within 24 hours you will receive an email confirmation with class information.
NOTE ABOUT SUPPLIES: I don’t typically have an official supply list for my classes because I always share a variety of different concepts that can be applied to a variety of supplies and surfaces. In this class you will see me working with the supplies below but most the concepts and techniques can be applied to just about any materials!
An art journal- any type of sketchbook, mixed media art journal will work. I will be creating in a cheap composition notebook, a mixed media paper art journal and loose watercolor paper so you so you get to see things at different prices will work!
Loose paper- watercolor paper or bristol paper
Watercolor paint- any will work
Acrylic paint- any will work though I always recommend matte acrylic paint when working in an art journal.
Any types of brushes.
Favorite pens and markers
Ocean Alchemy is a class structured into 30 inspiring posts. The concept is that you have one simple idea, prompt or technique to work through each day for 30 days.
PLEASE KEEP IN MIND that all of my online classes are work at your own pace and have unlimited access so there is no pressure to work daily. Just know that you will have 30 creative posts to keep inspired when you are ready!
Class will be held on a private blog that only registered students are able to access.
Once all 30 days have been posted, you have unlimited access to come and go as you please for as long as you like!
Basic computer skills are needed (be able to login, access a blog, etc)
- There will be : LOTS of photos step by step visuals, downloads and video lessons of yours truly teaching in my studio.
- A high speed connection if definitely recommended (because of the above!)
- Supplies needed are very simple, inexpensive art/craft items- (I strongly believe creating art should not cost a lot of money!!)
- Feel free to register at anytime.
- No refund unless there are special circumstances.
Once in a while we have students that run into log in problems, so we've put together a small list of tips just in case you run into any issues.
- All the links in the confirmation emails are currently working.
- Depending on your type of computer/operating system (MacOS, etc.), your current updates and your current settings, there can be an occasional issue with the class URL address loading an error page when entered directly into the Safari (MacOS) browser address line. Having the MOST current updates should fix this issue.
- If you are having issues with login and password errors and/or a login box reappears with an error, you can get a refreshed/blank login box to pop up again by refreshing the page. Some users that login to different classes with multiple login/passwords may need to Uncheck the "Remember this password" box in the login popup window. This should prevent any login errors from reoccurring when logging into different classes.
- Please keep in mind that out of the thousands of people that take Alisa's online classes and log on successfully, the occasional issue does come up that is often caused by individual computer settings. Please check your individual computer settings.
- In most cases the site will remember your username/password. If you clear your browsing history or restart computer you will have to re-enter the username and password
- The class site can be viewed from a variety of devices and browsers but may look a little different depending on which device or browser you are using.
- Since the class is held on a private site, it requires a password and login, the login process will also "behave" differently depending on the browser you are using and privacy settings that you use.
- For example, depending on your settings, Google Chrome has a password checking function for sites that requires a login which means the login box for class will pop up when you refresh the class site. Safari does not have this feature.
*We recommend using the browser that works best for you!