While I had been making and selling art since I was a kid, my life changed back in 2005 when I decided to rip a canvas painting off the stretcher bars and sew it into a purse for a wedding I was attending. This moment completely changed the direction of my creative career. Suddenly I discovered a new process- painting canvas and remixing it into all kinds of fashion accessories. Through this process, I learned very quickly that I loved finding new ways to redefine creativity (heck its the concept that my entire business is built on)! Everything from using alternative supplies -to making art on unique surfaces- to finding ways to break the rules I have been on a non stop mission to get creative in unconventional ways.
This class is all about finding ways to redefine YOUR creativity. I will demonstrate all of my favorite techniques and concepts- from working with canvas to drawing and painting on unique objects and things to using simple supplies to make beautiful art to using mixed media to decorate your surroundings, I have created a totally unique class that walks the line between art and craft. Get ready for lots of techniques, art/craft projects and tons of inspiration to redefine your own creativity.
Redefine Creativity is structured into 5 lessons.
IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT SUPPLIES: This class like all of my classes, does NOT have a required supply list. Instead I will be sharing the supplies that I like to use and then give you a variety of options and inspiration to use supplies that work best for your process and your budget.
Once you register and pay, within 24 hours you will receive an email confirmation with class information.
- class costs $50
- Class will be held on a private blog that only registered students are able to access.
- All information for the class is all posted at once and ready for access and work at your own pace.
- YOU WILL HAVE UNLIMITED ACCESS once you register
- Basic computer skills are needed (be able to login, access a blog, etc)
- There will be : TONS of photos step by step visuals, video lessons of yours truly teaching and teaching in my studio.
- Class Flickr photo pool, opportunities to connect in class forum.
- A high speed connection if definitely recommended (because of the above!)
- Supplies needed are very simple, inexpensive art/craft items- (I strongly believe creating art should not cost a lot of money!!)
- Feel free to register at anytime.
- No refund unless there are special circumstances.