I love drawing and painting but I also really love using words, lyrics, quotes and my own writing and thoughts on those surfaces. In this class we will explore a variety of different ways to use letter, words and writing in your surfaces.
From handwriting and expressive free writing to layering, color and composition- I will be sharing 30 creative techniques, prompts and exercises to transform those words into art!
word play preview from Alisa Burke on Vimeo.
Once you register and pay, within 24 hours you will receive an email confirmation with class information.
Word Play is a class structured into 30 inspiring posts. The concept is that you have one simple idea, prompt or technique to work through each day for 30 days. I will be sharing all kinds of really simple, fun and creative exercises to get you creating with those words. The concept is that you have one simple idea, prompt, inspiration, technique to work through each day for one month.
- Class will be held on a private blog that only registered students are able to access.
- Class is structured to work through one lesson a day for 30 days
YOU WILL HAVE UNLIMITED ACCESS once you register
- YOU WILL ALSO HAVE UNLIMITED ACCESS and be able to come and go from all 30 lessons once the lessons have all posted.
Basic computer skills are needed (be able to login, access a blog, etc)
- There will be : LOTS of photos step by step visuals, video lessons of yours truly teaching and teaching in my studio.
- A high speed connection if definitely recommended (because of the above!)
- Supplies needed are very simple- a pen and paper!
- Feel free to register at anytime.
NOTE ABOUT SUPPLIES: I don’t typically have an official supply list for my classes because I always share a variety of different concepts that can be applied to a variety of supplies and surfaces. In this class you will see me working with the supplies below but most the concepts and techniques can be applied to just about any materials!
An art journal- any type of sketchbook, mixed media art journal will work. I will be creating in a cheap composition notebook, a mixed media paper art journal and loose watercolor paper so you so you get to see things at different prices will work!
Loose paper- watercolor paper or bristol paper
Watercolor paint- any will work
Acrylic paint- any will work though I always recommend matte acrylic paint when working in an art journal.
Any types of brushes.
Favorite pens and markers